Josh Verne, the owner of FlockU.com, gives his view on what makes a manager great. Below are some of the tips he shares:
– Josh draws a fine line between being a leader and being a boss. He insists that being a leader is the first step to building a good rapport with one’s employees. A leader, unlike a boss, doesn’t force his will onto others. He earns respect by putting the opinions of those that serve him first, before his.
– A manager understands that a win for the employees or the society is also a win for himself. With this, a leader then should try to make every situation a win-win for both sides.
– Fewer words come with more power. A leader wants to appear authoritative. This can only be accomplished if the leader is a man of few words. People will hence listen to you.
– Money is not everything. One can be a billionaire, but without a good home, they will suffer. Verne, therefore, encourages managers to balance their life, and have time for everything. Each working day is an opportunity to improve every aspect of your life. You should therefore work, not only on your business, but also on your relationships and health as well.
– Most importantly, one should venture into something they are passionate about. According to Verne, it rarely occurs that one emerges successful in a field he is not passionate about.
About Josh Verne
He is an accomplished entrepreneur. As at now, Josh Verne is the CEO of FlockU.com. FlockU is an online platform that allows students, mostly college students, to exchange content. This is done through peer-to-peer connectivity. The platform was established in 2016 and has, since its inception, become popular in a short time.
Before FlockU.com, Verne was the founder and CEO of workpays.me, another online platform that worked to help employees to make purchases. The amounts were then deducted from their payrolls. He founded the firm with help from his long time best friend, Jon Dorfman. He later sold the company to Google Analytics Holding, two years before forming FlockU.com.