Though very common, Arthritis is still not well understood. There are more than 100 types of arthritis, its manifestations mainly being joint pain and general disease.
More than 50 million adults in the United States are suffering from arthritis, common among women and the aged. It is still one of the leading causes of disabilities in the country.
The Most Common type of Arthritis
Osteoarthritis is the most common, also referred to as the degenerative joint disease. It is caused by the wearing out of cartilage around the joints, causing pains and swellings. The joints end up losing strength, resulting in pain.
Some of the risk factors to consider as the major causes of osteoarthritis include among many others:
- Excessive weight gain
- Family history of arthritis
- Previous injuries and age complications
Management and Control
Osteoarthritis is incurable. Patients are encouraged to commit themselves to self-management, through proper exercise and good eating habits. One should also seek medical assistance.
- Engage in some gentle stretching exercise before bed.
- Adjust your posture while reading, watching or even working every hour.
- Quit smoking and manage your weight in order not to stress joints
- Consult a physician for Physical Therapy to mitigate going for surgery.
- Seek a doctor and consider options for acetaminophen, NSAIDS and even topical analgesics. Try what will work for your situation.
- Consult orthopedic specialists and consider all available options.
Osteo Relief Institute
Osteo Relief Institute was founded in 2012 to offer non-surgical relief options for patients across the United States. It is headquartered in New Jersey and independently owned but operates under a great team of highly qualified staff trained in patient care and communication (Manta).
Osteo Relief Institute deploys the best technology, approved by FDA and state-of-the-art equipment, keeping them at an edge as compared to other relief providing firms. Osteo Relief Institute has therefore been able to provide long-lasting pain solutions to many patients in America.
Osteo Institute recommends that one needs more vitamin B and iron, elements available in beef. They also conducted an experiment on scurvy in relation to citrus fruit and established that the fruit can reduce scurvy by a great percentage.